We offer two pricing options; insurance/medical benefits or a discounted self-pay pricing.
We accept insurance and medical benefits for most Washington state insurers. At the time of your visit, we will bill your insurance and collect the listed co-pay/co-insurance and any remaining deductible as stated by your insurance.
- AmeriGroup (not contracted at the Poulsbo location)
- Apple Health/Provider One
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Coventry/First Health
- First Choice Health PPO
- Washington Medicaid
- Premera Blue Cross
- Railroad Medicare
- Regence Blue Shield
- United Healthcare – Community and Advantage Plan
- Washington State Injured Worker's Insurance
- Washington State Injured Self-Insured Worker's Comp Insurance (eg. Sedgwick)
- And more. Call to inquire at a clinic near you!
Patients without Insurance
For patients without insurance needing a general provider visit, we offer a simple and transparent fee of $175 collected at the time of service. Our fee of $175 covers:
- Examination with a medical provider
- In-clinic lab testing for strep throat, flu, UTI, pregnancy (immediate result tests only)
- Medication given during visit
If the provider recommends additional lab testing or other treatments, they will discuss available pricing options before moving forward with any service or care.
Some of our self-pay (out-of-pocket) services and pricing include:
- General Provider Visit $175
- General Physical Starting at $150*
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical $130*
- Camp/School/Sports Physical $60
- Merchant Mariner Physical $130*
- *Unable to bill to insurance
(Pricing currently TBD. Please contact clinic for further information)
- Flu Vaccine
- TB/PPD Test
- Hep B Vaccine (per shot starting at) * †
- TDAP *†
- Tetanus Booster (adult) *†
*Provider visit required
† Additional adminstration fees may be required
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to pay upfront to make an appointment?
There is no fee or credit card number required to secure an appointment time. Fees are based on the actual services you receive.
If I have insurance, why am I still getting a bill?
We collect your co-pay at the time of service and then submit your services for processing by your insurance company for those companies in which we are contracted. Should there be a balance due after your insurance company has processed your specific plan benefits, such as a deductible and plan coverage Immediate Clinic will bill you for any remaining balance
What do I need to bring to my visit?
Please bring a valid photo ID and any insurance cards (if applicable). ID is required for all patients ages 18+ as well as for the guardians of any minors (18 and under).
Why am I still getting a bill if I paid the self-pay fee?
If you opted in for the $125 self-pay pricing and paid upon registration, the bill you have received may be due to additional tests and treatments completed during your visit. While the $125 covers the examination with the Provider, the labs, x-rays, and other diagnostic tools and treatment used during your visit are not included. If you have any questions regarding your bill, please feel free to reach our Billing Team at 1-844-472-9692.