Tinea is the name given to a group of diseases caused by a fungus. These diseases include Jock Itch, Athlete's Foot and Ringworm. Though these infections are usually not serious, they can be very uncomfortable. You can get them by touching an infected person, from damp surfaces such as a shower floor or even from a pet.
Symptoms depend on the affected area of the body:
- Jock Itch causes an itchy, burning rash in your groin area.
- Athlete's Foot causes itching, burning and cracked skin between your toes.
- Ringworm is a red skin rash that forms a ring around normal-looking skin and is not caused by a worm.
Depending on the severity, some cases may require medical assessment. If you are concerned, please make an appointment today.
Our Neighborhood Walk-In Clinic is:
- Walk-in friendly
- Open 7 days a week 8am-8pm
- In-network for most Washington insurers
- Open extended hours
- Equipped with X-Ray and Lab on-site
- Staffed by Doctors, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners