Strep throat can be much more serious than a sore throat. Strep throat can be passed from person to person. If you come into contact with the strep bacteria, it may take 2 to 5 days before you start to exhibit symptoms.
Common signs and symptoms of strep throat include:
- Pain when you swallow
- Swollen tonsils
- White or yellow spots on the back of your throat
- Your symptoms can be accompanied by a headache or stomach pains
What to expect from a visits at our clinic:
- A provider will give you a rapid strep test to determine a diagnosis
- If your rapid strep test is negative, the provider may also take a throat culture
- A provider will give you a care and treatment plan. This may include antibiotics or asprin/ibuprofen for the pain
While you have the illness, it is best to use tissues you can throw away instead of handkerchiefs, wash your hands often and not sneeze or cough on others. It is a good idea to stay home from work or school for the first 24 hours after you have started treatment.